Thursday, January 02, 2003

Last night I couldn't sleep. Somehow, for some reason, I was wide awake. My thoughts wandered around... and I thought about him. The very first guy I liked. The guy that I think about every now and then for the past 10 years.

10 Months after I met him, he left to the other side of the country to study. I've only heard about him from a mutual friend once after that, and that was all for the past 9 years... I don't know... I still remember the smile he has, he gaze he had when we were in maths class, and the determined look he had when we were on the track filed. I wanted to know how he is doing now.

So, being the Internet geek I am, I looked him up on Google. Yeah, I found him. Pages of search results, only one fitted him. And it was not what I wanted to see. It was a web page of a local newspaper. I guess, if that was really him, he got into a car accident and killed a mother, and seriously injured the daughter. There was no further information. I sat. Mind blank. I looked for more, but there was none.

Was that what I did the search for?

Was talking to my sister earlier on yesterday. She was talking about the guy she met over the summer. She wish she had the chance to spend time with him in an ordinary environment. Not a vacation place where everything seem so exotic. She wanted to know how he would be like in his usual settings. But then what if he wasn't the person who she thought he was?

Will that ruin the incredible memories she had with him and of her beautiful summer?

And was that what I wanted to know about him? I like the the memory of him smiling under the beautiful South African sun, on the green green track field.

I'd like to have that pure memory back.

And darn it, stop thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home