Thursday, August 31, 2006

My tags :)


I had a dream with my elementary school friend. We wanted to open up a coffee shop and sell things on the side. She used to write poems and I used to buy really cool artsy paper and make them into a poetry book. We wanted to sell home baked goods, drinks, books, flowers and cools things we make or picked up from all around the world. It was a dream.

So after studying hospitality and had taken several restaruant related classes, I became more sure of my dream.

There was a café in Amman, Jordan that was very popular. I've only been there once, but it made an impression on me. It was small, but delicate. It was packed with beautifully displayed (and tasty) pastries. It just felt like, you could order a cup of tea and a slice of cake, sit in the café, and read for the whole afternoon. The café was called Chez something, I can't even remember the name. But the name stuck with me. Chez Anne. My place, my café.

Back in college, I liked to go to poster stores and look through the pictures and posters they have. Right before I left Boston, on one of my visits to the poster shop, I saw a reproduction of an oil painting... It portrayed a street of somewhere in France. The focus was on one store... believe it or not, the store was called Chez Anne. I took it as a sign.

After graduation, I came back to Taiwan and started working right away. It just felt like I was being taken away from my dream. Sometimes, I feel like I am lost in the real world, but don't know where my real self has gone.

I guess in a way, patchwork and quilting have helped me. I somehow relocated myself. Along with that, my dream came back.

Since I want to have a café and sell other things on the side, now my store is officially called Chez Anne Café and things... I am still working towards the actual café, but meanwhile, I have the "and things..." part going for me, little by little.

So here's one of my first steps to realizing my dream: getting my tags done. It's kinda like the tag one gets from the collar of a t-shirt. Thanks to the factories in Taiwan, they are not too expensive. I can't wait to put my OWN tags on everything I make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home