Saturday, June 03, 2006

My "House" wallet

I like houses. Every time I see someone making pachwork with houses I get excited. But I never dared to try it out; it just looked hard.

Then my teacher made a wallet. She showed it to me and I was determined to make it myself.

I used my leftover fabric from other projects. Plus some new ones. I wanted to do a "white" picket fence with applique, but I guess I am not that good just yet. So I gave up. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful. I wanted to applique the tree trunk too and then embroider the twigs and leaves. But it just didn't look right! So I took the trunk off again, and took Ian's suggestion... I embroidered the whole tree. The ending result, well, I just really love it!

I didn't draw any lines for the quilting. Lazy. I quilted a little moon on the side, but it's kinda hard to see. And the lines, well, I just did whatever I felt like, and it turned out pretty well for my taste.

As for the inside pockets and layers, I don't think I did a good job. It's pretty functional, but I think I would like something more. Well, more space for improvement, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home