Wednesday, January 22, 2003

When I should be reading... what do I do??

swenwen: I want to go to another country
swenwen: Just to get away from everything, and get a fresh mind :-) not have to worry about jobs and stuff
swenwen: hehe
swenwen: I want to go to NZ
swenwen: SO BADLY
Diny: YOU ALREADY did.
Diny: I dont think you wanna settle. Like ever. You might get too bored with your life.
swenwen: I didn't go to NZ! EVER!
swenwen: What am I gonna do with myself?
swenwen: AHHHHHHHHHHH
Diny: hmmmmmm.... let me think about that question
Diny: figure out what you want out of life and follow your dreams. Would you truly be happy in one country? I think .. well.. this is just a prediction.. you work and live (I guess one goes with the other) on the East coast of the US for 2-3 years. You want to move on then and decide to move to somewhere else. You'll have the experience as well as still knowing multiple languages.
swenwen: I met someone from the Four Seasons today
swenwen: He is the assistant director of Food and Beverage
Diny: what happened
swenwen: He lived in 6 different countries, worked in 6 different countries
swenwen: he speaks 6 languages
Diny: oh my god
swenwen: and is a Ph D.... He is interviewing for a job to teach the hospitality classes... He is a really cool person, and I am really glad my professor chose me to be on the interviewing committee
Diny: does he have a family?
swenwen: He is from Hungry, married a French lady, has 2 daughters...
swenwen: VERY very nice person
swenwen: brb, loo
Diny: so his family has gone with him I suppose
Diny: I mean.. to all those countries?
Diny: k
swenwen: back
swenwen: Well... I think for a couple countries
swenwen: He lived in 3 I think, before he got married
swenwen: or something, I am not so sure
Diny: wow. Thats amazing. I mean... that would be cool to live in all those countries. But that must be hard on the kids.
swenwen: but it was soooooo cool... I mean, how cool would that be? But again, I was talking to my sister the other day about work... She wants to be a diplomat... but this lady we know, who's a diplomat, told her not to, if she wants a family...
swenwen: I don't know... I mean, they must also speak at least 2, or 3 languages... I mean, he is from Hungry, his wife is French, they've been living in English speaking countries for a while...
swenwen: It's amazin
Diny: but Anne
swenwen: I can't see if you are typing or not.... this is weird
Diny: Just because you did it, doesnt mean that every kid would be ok with it
Diny: I upgraded the AIM.... it sucks
Diny: I cant see ANYONE typing
swenwen: Me neither!
swenwen: I used to see you typing!
Diny: Moving within a single country... that can be really hard on kids. They have to make friends and then TRY their best to keep in contact
Diny: AND YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD ME TO UPGRADE!
Diny: :-)
swenwen: AHH
swenwen: NOT MY FAULT
Diny: its always your fault
swenwen: I don't know Diny, I guess that's why I like being on my own
swenwen: I can just pick up my stuff and go
Diny: I agree
swenwen: Now all I have to learn is how to leave my possesions behind
Diny: If you do want to do all those things... dont take this the wrong way, but Im hoping you dont have kids
Diny: ...still typing...
Diny: I guess... I mean.. do you know how if someone lived a certain way they dont mind their kids or even encourage their kids to live the same way... that doesnt mean that just because you lived your life a certain way that means that its great for just anyone.
swenwen: I do wnat kids though... But maybe, if I really want this kind of lifestyle, I should not get married at all,
swenwen: nope, and I agree with you
Diny: its a sacrifice
swenwen: I mean... my parents asked me if I wanted to stay in SA when we were moving to Jordan
swenwen: But I felt that I wanted to see another world... I wanted to experience different stuff... It was hard to leave all that behind, but I left everything behind in Taiwan too
swenwen: And now, I love Boston... but in the past year, I've learnt to leave places and things behind...
swenwen: Even though there are people to remember and places that I still love...
swenwen: That's why I can't decide where I want to be
swenwen: I've realized that I really don't need a lot of money... I really dont' need a lot of things... so IF, I can get enough money just to get by, maybe save some and get a huge chunk of land, perhaps in Australia or South Africa, or NZ or somewhere... I think I will be content
swenwen: :-)
swenwen: I don't know
swenwen: I could change my mind tomorrow
swenwen: or 10 min from now
swenwen: I guess I just don't know what I want
Diny: Its a sacrifice like I said. You've talked about wanting long term friendships... friends from childhood. But you cant living that way.
swenwen: Well... And because I can't get that kind of friends anymore... and by that I mean childhood friends... I think I should live the way I want... and because I dont' want my kids to feel sad the way I did... I guess I won't have kids as long as I live the way I want right now... And I won't get married... and I should just keep to myself most of the time :-) Meet peole, have as much fun... and see waht happens
Diny: :-) I'll be curious to know where you'll be when you're 30
Diny: and what you
Diny: 'll be doing
swenwen: You never know
swenwen: I might still be in Boston :-)
Diny: deep question... do you think the way youve lived had any effect on whether you "like" a guy or not?
swenwen: what do you mean?
swenwen: ... like??
Diny: have feelings for someone
swenwen: Did I tell you... the other night, I couldn't sleep... so I looked up this guy I used to know... that I had a huge crush on back when I was 13...
swenwen: I don't know...
swenwen: Maybe since I moved so much, a lot of times I keep my feelings to myself... and maybe that had an effect on how I have feelings for someone
swenwen: I mean, I dn't think I will ever know if I would be different if I never left Taiwan
swenwen: or if I didn't leave SA, just finished my educaiton there and moved on there
Diny: hehe... I guess anyone can think about what if... but youll never know. I was just curious.
Diny: so what about this guy?
swenwen: Oh... I found out that he got into an accident about 2 years ago... ran over a lady or something... and killed her... and I think her child was badly injured too... But the article never mentioned what happned to him... and I couldn't find anything else on it
swenwen: I mean, it's totally his fault running over them
swenwen: And the thing is, his family is really really really famous in SA
swenwen: his mom is one of the most elegant women i've ever seen
swenwen: But back to what you said... I had a crush on this guy for about 6, 7 years... probably because I never met someone that I would have feeligns for... so I just kept on thinking about him for those years... and then I finally moved on... But I didn't meet someon in SA... well, not really, and there was no guys in Jordan that's even worth while
swenwen: hahah
swenwen: So I guess... the way I lived did affect how I like a guy
swenwen: And I've met so many people... it makes me... look for more things in a guy... LIke, I CANNOT stand someone who has never been out of their own country...
swenwen: I can't stand people when they cannot accept other cultures... otherwise I mean, I cannot carry out a conversation with that person without getting into arguements
swenwen: And gosh, how I hate peole who thinks their country is the best
Diny: yeah I understand. Well, well.......... well.. you can think your country is the best, but still see problems with it
swenwen: Well, I mean, peole who bash other countries and think there is nothing compare to his/her own
Diny: I like the US. I dont think right now Id want to live elsewhere.. but that doesnt mean that I think it doesnt have serious issues :-)
swenwen: I mean, every country has it's bad and good
Diny: oh I see
Diny: you mean the stereotypical American traveler
swenwen: yeah
Diny: :-)
swenwen: Only the AMERICAN way is the right way
Diny: God. Where are the Pizza Huts in this place?
swenwen: GOSH! Grow up and open your eyes!
swenwen: Seriously!
Diny: yeah
swenwen: Have you watched Just Married?
Diny: yyyyyyyup yup
swenwen: GOD!
Diny: Hey... what do you call an American with a PH.D. in Math?
swenwen: I couldn't stand him!
swenwen: no idea
Diny: NOOOOOOOOO
Diny: no way!
Diny: YOU .. hahah did not just see that movie!
Diny: a stupid American.
Diny: Chinese joke.
Diny: ;-)
swenwen: ?
swenwen: What??
swenwen: A stupid american
swenwen: hahahah
Diny: I knew you'd like :-)
swenwen: yup yup
swenwen: :-)_
swenwen: Hmm, now I am seeing Orlando Bloom is very cute
swenwen: hahaha
swenwen: Gosh, the effcts my sister has on me
Diny: oh my god. So I told my Mom that the next time the Jewish singles in town have a LARGE.. Im talkin HUGE get together like they did on Xmas eve (they had 150 people), that I'd go.......
swenwen: you did??
swenwen: what made you change your mind?
Diny: .....and so shes researching and leaving messages on some social planner's answering machine trying to find out when the next one is
Diny: ....cuz Ill do it only if I can drag friends with and to shut my mom UP!!! hehehe
swenwen: oh...
Diny: Orlando Bloom. hmmm... in a movie?
swenwen: No, not in a movie...
Diny: no. No worries Anne dear. Im not turning Jewish on you.
swenwen: You know who I am taking abou tright?
swenwen: hahaha
swenwen: It doesn't matter...
Diny: no
Diny: what doesnt matter
swenwen: If you turn REAL Jewish
swenwen: We are still friends
swenwen: Orlando Bloom is the pretty elf in LTR
Diny: oh the guy who isnt so clean in real life
Diny: whatever THAT means!!!!!!!!!
swenwen: just the experience!
swenwen: urgh, what were you thinking?>
Diny: doesnt shower or something
Diny: the experience of what
Diny: hahah
Diny: what are YOU thinking?!?
swenwen: god
swenwen: I should go to bed...
swenwen: appearance I meant
Diny: but would you have sex with him?
Diny: j/k
swenwen: hmmmmmmmm
swenwen: why not?
swenwen: LIke Heath Ledger :-D
swenwen: hahahah
swenwen: And Viggo Mortensen
Diny: haha
Diny: ok
Diny: heheh
Diny: whatever. for you.... it CANT be just sex
Diny: ha! Throwing your words back at ya! :-)
swenwen: nope
swenwen: no way
Diny: I know
Diny: ok. Im stalling you
Diny: we should both downgrade again. This is terrible
swenwen: hahah
swenwen: how do I downgrade?
Diny: you wish upon a star. I hear it makes no difference who you are.
Diny: Maybe you have to work for Disney first
Diny: sing like a grasshopper
swenwen: hehe
swenwen: I'd love to work for Disney
Diny: You're off my "girls to propose to some day" list. I hope you dont mind.
swenwen: haha
swenwen: I do'nt mind
swenwen: as long as we stay friends
swenwen: but why, may I ask?
Diny: hehe
Diny: deal.
Diny: cuz I do want kids and I wouldnt want to drag them all over for our selfish reasons. No matter how sexy Mom was.
swenwen: oh wells
swenwen: too bad :-P
swenwen: hjahahha
Diny: yup yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home