Wednesday, April 17, 2002

That was a productive weekend in terms of being a tourist in the city that I lived in for the past 3 and half months.

Saturday morning, I sat in the computer lab in the dorm for 2 hours, trying to find places to go in Paris on the net… That wasn’t very productive. Then I decided to go and take a picture of the Saturday morning market I have been going to many weekends since I have been here. It was not a very successful picture taking tour… I only took 2 photos and I wasn’t really satisfied with them… I will have to do something about this. But then I put my camera into my backpack, and started shopping for food. Really, anyone who knows those open air markets would never want to go back to supermarkets… The food is cheap, fresh, and just beautiful to look at.

After the purchases of my fresh produces at the market, I had a quick lunch with Lindsay and then we headed out. We started with the Marais since I wanted to go to a wine store there but I totally forgot where it was once we got there. Ended up walking towards Hotel de Ville. Kept on walking until we reached La Samaritaine and went straight up to the top - the panoramic. It was great… I had my zoom lens so I was taking pictures of the famous buildings all around Paris! The wonderful uses of zoom lenses!

Next stop was walking towards the Palais Royal (http://www.palais-royal.org/). We went there just to take pictures since we already had sort of a tour with the l’histoire d’art class. The garden looked sooooooo different from the time we went: all the trees were green, not bald anymore. And the tulips were just having a competition with each other, every single one of them was at its best to get their own picture taken. We walked around, had a little fun with picture taking, and headed towards the other end of the garden. Then I saw an old lady sitting in the garden feeding the pigeons, it was a really “hearty” scene. I wanted to catch that moment, but she got mad at me and stopped feeding and hid from me. OH WELL. I turned around, and saw this adorable girl playing in the sand… So click… I got a picture of her instead. :-P

We then walked towards the Louvre. It’s weird, but I still didn’t have a picture of myself in front of the glass pyramid… So we went there and I finally got my picture in front of the pyramid. I tried to get a shot of the one straight line of all the famous monuments from the Arc de triumph du Carrousel. But I have to admit, it was a beautiful day, and everyone in Paris seemed to be out doing what we were doing… I probably took a lot of “strangers’ heads shots”…

After the unsuccessful attempt of photography, we carried on walking through the Jardin des Tuileries. As usual, I find the garden really… French. It’s very organized and everything is in its perfect symmetry. Even though it was impressive, I really have to say I prefer English style gardens…

Towards the end of the garden, I realized how much we’ve walked in the city just in about 3 hours’ time. Paris is actually a walking city. I recommend everyone to take a walking tour around the City of Lights!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home