Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Sunday night after dinner, we were having tarot card readings… When it was Charles’ turn, he asked “how will I find the right girl” – not someone who likes him as a really good friend, saying “oh Charles I like you, you are such a great friend”

So that got me thinking… For people like me, I believe that love at first sight happens. But that’s not the only way. I believe that there is chemistry between people… when the components are right, the reaction occurs. Friendship has its own formula, so does love. But for others, love at first sight is totally ridiculous… They believe that the only way to find true love is to get to know each other and gradually build the love.

I think it’s both way though. You can be attracted to someone the very first second you see that person, but for it to become something enduring and meaningful, you will have to get to know each other and develop the trust and understanding between the 2. I am not irrational, am I?

There are so many online dating web sites now that it is getting a bit scary. Do people really need those web sites and hiding behind the computers to meet someone nowadays? Of course, I know there are great friendships created this way… (Yeah, Diny, I am talking about ya). But the population of dating someone from online is growing every single day. Where did our communication skills go? Aren’t we human beings supposedly able to socialize in a normal setting?

So Charles’ question got me thinking… is it possible to find the one? Do people need the help of Internet and agencies to find the right person? A year or 2 ago, my CS professor talked about her friend from Israel who got married to a Taiwanese girl just not so long ago before she told us the story. They met each other online, dated online and finally got married. The day of their wedding was the day they saw each other in person. Then he was off to the US to start his new business and career while she remained in Taiwan for her job. OMG. What have we human beings created for ourselves? Then the other day, I was surfing online… Came across this web site “Living in Australia” (http://www.geocities.com/mortixia/australia.html) where this American girl talks about how she met the one online and they fell in love when they saw each other in person and she actually moved to Australia and they got married. Well, I think that’s reasonable… at least they met in person and fell in love… But that’s still like a fairy tale to me… even though people call me the “helpless romantic person” So at the end of her web site, the American girl said… “See.. Dreams really do come true!” Yeah, dreams really do come true… Like Diny said, “When you wish upon a star… “

Keep on believing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home